Texas vs New York

2.07.2013

As of today, I have been an official New Yorker for three weeks. Does it sound odd that it feels like it has been longer, but in a good way? I'm already figuring out the highways and that home is on the other side of the Hudson, generally the east side. There are still some things I have yet to grasp and might not ever become used to or fond of.
These are just a few that I have come up with so far:

  • According to natives, the days are beginning to get longer here. The sun is now setting at 5:15 pm instead of 4:30pm.
  • There are no street lights anywhere. Not even the highways. You don't appreciate them until you don't have them.
  • I can feel pressure changes in my ears as I drive over highway overpasses, definitely a new sensation.
  • The state speed limit is "55". What's the fun in that?
  • Y'all is a completely foreign word that I still have trouble censoring out of my daily vocabulary.
  • Food/produce/meat and not to mention gas are EXPENSIVE. Up to $3.90 a gallon right now. 
  • Beer and liquor cannot be sold in the same building, but liquor and wine can. 
  • No one, and I mean no one knows what beer salt is...very unfortunate.
  • The garden section of all stores cease to exist in the winter. I just want a succulent...

I will continue to update this list as I run into and embrace the newness.

As promised, our first Outfit of the Day post is ready for our viewers. I say "our" because this requires the wonderful assistance of my photog hubby. To see more examples of this crazy new blogging trend, check out these blogs that I follow regularly...prepare to be hooked.
Cleverly Yours and Cara Loren

Denim shirt: f21 (found here and loving this one) Long sleeved ivory laced undershirt: f21(loving this one) Jeans: target Boot stockings: f21 (similar) Boots: TJ Maxx  Gray infinity scarf: Accessory Concierge (found here) Earrings: francesca's (loving these) Gold Bangels and Gold Arrow Bracelet: f21 David Yurman inspired bracelet: Anna's Armoire (found here) Necklace: Sam Moon (wanting this one) Tortoise watch: Fossil Garnet Ring: James Avery gift from the hubby (found here) Nails: Essie Snap Happy

How did we do for our first try? My style is never about the name brands and expensive trends. I bargain shop constantly. Joe has always said, I have never bought anything that wasn't on sale. Hey there is nothing wrong with that right? 

With love from the aspiring photog and fashionista,

post signature

pleated poppy

8 comments:

  1. i love that outfit esp the boots!

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/thrift-finds-what-i-wore-wednesday-week.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog and how you showcase your outfits. Very tech savvy!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Laughing at the price of your gas - ours is well over $2 per litre!!! Thanks for linking up with WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I should just hush and count my blessings! Sheesh that's expensive!

      Delete
  3. I really, really love your boots and your denim shirt! And we're in MI, supposedly not as expensive as the East is...and we paid $3.99 per gallon last time we bought gas.
    And hey, your husband really can't complain if you buy everything on sale! That is a really good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $3.99 that just makes me cringe! I am thankful I have a small 4 cylinder that gets 33 miles to the gallon!
      The hubby definitely doesn't complain, he just kind of laughs when I tell him the steals I have found!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your post on the thrifted camp pants. Great idea!

      Delete