These are just a few that I have come up with so far:
- According to natives, the days are beginning to get longer here. The sun is now setting at 5:15 pm instead of 4:30pm.
- There are no street lights anywhere. Not even the highways. You don't appreciate them until you don't have them.
- I can feel pressure changes in my ears as I drive over highway overpasses, definitely a new sensation.
- The state speed limit is "55". What's the fun in that?
- Y'all is a completely foreign word that I still have trouble censoring out of my daily vocabulary.
- Food/produce/meat and not to mention gas are EXPENSIVE. Up to $3.90 a gallon right now.
- Beer and liquor cannot be sold in the same building, but liquor and wine can.
- No one, and I mean no one knows what beer salt is...very unfortunate.
- The garden section of all stores cease to exist in the winter. I just want a succulent...
I will continue to update this list as I run into and embrace the newness.
As promised, our first Outfit of the Day post is ready for our viewers. I say "our" because this requires the wonderful assistance of my photog hubby. To see more examples of this crazy new blogging trend, check out these blogs that I follow regularly...prepare to be hooked.
Cleverly Yours and Cara Loren
Denim shirt: f21 (found here and loving this one) Long sleeved ivory laced undershirt: f21(loving this one) Jeans: target Boot stockings: f21 (similar) Boots: TJ Maxx Gray infinity scarf: Accessory Concierge (found here) Earrings: francesca's (loving these) Gold Bangels and Gold Arrow Bracelet: f21 David Yurman inspired bracelet: Anna's Armoire (found here) Necklace: Sam Moon (wanting this one) Tortoise watch: Fossil Garnet Ring: James Avery gift from the hubby (found here) Nails: Essie Snap Happy
How did we do for our first try? My style is never about the name brands and expensive trends. I bargain shop constantly. Joe has always said, I have never bought anything that wasn't on sale. Hey there is nothing wrong with that right?
With love from the aspiring photog and fashionista,