Little Letters: Boston Style

3.21.2013

Today I thought I would spice it up a bit as far as formatting goes. Remember my earlier "Little Letters" post over {here}? Well I am going to do "Little Letters" Boston Style this time to showcase what an awesome time I had with some great gals!

Background: This trip was a continuation of my younger sister's spring break trip and a St. Patty's getaway for Ali and Alex Tia. And I can tell you that I don't think I have had that much fun in the span of one weekend in a long time. So much fun, that I'm still catching up on sleep. We were constantly on the move and probably got more exercise walking the streets of Boston than I have in way too long.

We stayed in Woburn Mass and traveled into the city everyday via the T. It was only a quick ten minute trip and worth the adventure! We did some sightseeing, followed the Freedom trail where I turned into my dorky history loving self and told stories of my favorite New England town.

If you have never visited Bahhston, I highly suggest it. It is full of history, great food, impressive sights, and an overall good time. My favorite time of year to visit is in the summer, but we did pretty well with the weather on this trip. Lots of layers!
So onto the pictures and "Little Letters" of Boston. Enjoy!

Dear Boston, Thank you for only being three hours away from Rensselaer, and a great {and cheap} hub for flights from Texas!

Dear Paul Revere, Thank you for your ride, that cold night to warn the others that the "British are coming, the British are coming". I also apologize that we did get your name mixed up at times...John Rivera. I'm sure you are understanding



Dear North End, Thank you for having the world's best Pizza and Cannoli's. Regina's Pizza and Mike's Pastry are the spots to hit while in the North End.




Dear Salem Mass, I really love your town and how they embrace your history. The witch museum was great and we wish we could come back for halloween!


Dear Cheers, thank you for having your hometown in Boston for us to enjoy, as well as serving Boston's own Sam Adam's Alpine Spring...great brew!



Dear Harvard, what an awesome campus you have! Why must your tuition be so expensive? Are you currently taking applications for a Post Doc chemist and wannabe grad student? Please take my offer into consideration. Oh and Thank you for the Queen's head. One word...karaoke!


Dear Harvard Chemists, what a great group you are! And Dan Nocera... here's your shout out! Team up with my hubby, he has some great new research for your lab!

Dear Faneuil Hall, Thank you for having great St. Patty's spirit; we noticed your hard work.



Dear sweet friends of mine, won't you come back soon? We had too much fun and I just want to go back to the Hideout and make more friends!


Dear Bahstonians, we truly love your accents and did try to mimic them a lot of the time. Do forgive us if ours turned into a British accent when trying too hard. 

Dear seafood lovers, if you ever visit Boston you MUST visit the Union Oyster House. The best clam chowder I have ever had and great oysters...I tried my first one!



  Thank you Boston, you never disappoint!

Hope you enjoyed our trip! Have you ever been to Boston? What was your favorite part?

From NY, to Boston, to Texas and back,
post signature
Little by Little
Loves on a Thursday

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! I'm sure there was lots of giggling on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many giggles our stomachs began to hurt! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you though the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog. I look forward to reading more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! Can't wait to check out your sweet blog. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. New follower here! As a life long New Englander I had to check out your opinion of Boston. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Ironically, I lived in Woburn as a child- definitely not as exciting as Boston but I hope you enjoyed that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the little town of Woburn! Everyone is nice and the prices are much more desirable than Boston! Actually, I was just there again this weekend :)

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to visit Boston! It looks like such a fun town :)

    ReplyDelete