Senses

3.19.2013

Five Senses for Today: Hearing: the intense windy blizzard currently dropping another 4-6 inches in my backyard. Yes another...we got about 3 inches last night as well, Seeing: My handsome hubby play Mass Effect 2...not quite sure what this is and watching the new Twisted premiere after that INTENSE Pretty Little Liars episode, Tasting:  my copykat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup. Will definitely be posting this recipe soon, Smelling: The above soup and delightful garlic bread, Touching: my favorite green and white fleece couch blanket

So I was completely bummed when I didn't even have a close up picture of that gorgeous little sister of mine while we were traveling...bad big sister! 
Missing her already!

Tonight I figure I would share an EASY recipe that many of you might have seen on Pinterest. 

Let's just call it "Easy Chicken"
This recipe yields about 4 servings. Enough for the two of us for two nights

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 medium sized red potatoes 
2 handfulls of fresh green beans
1 packet dry italian dressing
1 stick of butter

Optional: I chose to marinate our chicken overnight with italian salad dressing and a little garlic salt.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Chop potatoes into 1 inch cubs and trim tops of green beans after washing.

Arrange both veggies on either side of 9x13 baking dish

Arrange chicken in the middle of baking pan. I included the italian dressing that was in the ziploc used for marinating 

Mix packet of dry italian dressing into melted stick of butter
Pour this yummy goodness on top of chicken and veggies. 
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Viola! It was an amazing dish, especially the fresh green beans. 

Let me know if you make this and how it turns out!

Stay tuned for the Boston post next time. For now, we will try and hang this blizzard out and pray for some sun on the first day of Spring tomorrow.

From our home to yours,
post signature

Jam Hands

3 comments:

  1. I love you Casey Lynn!!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this before!! Tasty for sure!! Miss and Love you!!
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete