26 before 26

4.03.2013

First off I want to say a huge thank you to The North East Bloggers Network for featuring me as the blog of the week! I have enjoyed being a part of this network and reading about others living up here in the North East.

Check out my guest post here to see yours truly featured!



A common theme in the blogging world is a "bucket list" generally labeled 25 before 25. Well I jumped on that boat and made my own list, while adding my own flair. My list is called 26 before 26. I just turned 24 in January and instead of trying to accomplish 25 things in one year, I will go for 26 things in two years. The one year method overwhelmed me. I wanted it to be a fun goal instead of a hurry and cram type of list.

26 Before 26:


1. Visit Montreal
2. Learn to crochet, and successfully make a blanket
3.  Go fishing and successfully take the fish off the hook
4. Go sailing
5. Visit the Sam Adam's Brewery
6. Run a half marathon
7. Go on a Mediterranean cruise
8. Apply for graduate school
9. Refinish an old piece of furniture
10. Make a budget and stick to it
11. Photograph a newborn session
12. Go camping with the whole nine yards. Tent, sleeping bags, s'mores, bears...oh my!
13. Organize a charity event
14. Commit to this blog, and keep it going
15. Go to a "hot yoga" class
17. Read my Bible front to back
18. Go to a Rangers/Red Sox game
19. Become an active volunteer at our church
20. Try my luck at substitute teaching, I always wanted to be a teacher growing up.
21. Travel on a mission trip outside of the United States
22. Conquer my anxiety
23. Become ACLS certified
24. Take a PRN position with a hospice agency
25. Take a writing class
26. Create a successful Etsy store


Click here and read my 26 before 26 list and keep up with me as I cross things off my list. Have you thought of what you would like to accomplish in the next two years? I challenge you to create a list and see how many you can accomplish. Link up with me so other's may read about your adventures!

I also want to wish a very happy birthday to one of my dearest friends! I have been through thick and thin with this girl and I am so very thankful for her friendship. She is newly engaged and I can't wait to see what God has in store for her life and her marriage. Such an exciting time!
Love you Ali Grace!
 


I'll leave you with the gorgeous sunset from a couple of nights ago. Now if that doesn't scream come on Spring, then I don't know what does!


From our home to yours,

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Crocheting is awesome. I made a scarf for Bill for Christmas (it only took my until the beginning of January to finish it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I would love to see pictures!

      Delete
  2. Such a great list! Found your blog from your North East Bloggsers Network post. :)
    xoxo Aimee of Bows&Beau-ties and The Sitch on Fitch
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com
    anfnewsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montreal is a must visit, especially living in the Capital Region. I've been there probably a dozen times and it never gets old. Really amazing.

    And visiting the Sam Adams brewery is on my list of things to do, too. I've heard too many good things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive heard wonderful things about it! My hubby and I hope to make it up there this summer!

      Delete
  4. I'm following GFC from Friend Connect Blog Hop. please return the favor and follow me back at Evoluchun's Miscellaneous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 26 before 26 list. I have a similar list but kind of gave up...oops. But I'm currently a substitute teacher, will be a full time teacher next week, and it's definitely an experience and something you should try if you thought you wanted to be a teacher. I worked with the elderly for awhile and always thought that if I could do all that bio and chemistry and medical stuff I'd want to be nurse so I think it's just so awesome that you are! I could say a million more things but basically I'm stealing your list!

    I just started reading your blog and can't wait to keep following along (so definitely keep up with #14)!

    kendall from buttons & blossoms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up Kendall! it's fun to see other's accomplishments! What grade will you be teaching? Congrats on the full time position!

      Delete