Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

4.24.2013

It's time to round up my stethoscope, scrubs, danskos, mountain of pens, cute badge reel, mini sharpie, and large pockets...I GOT A JOB!

I am so excited, and so ready to jump back into the crazy world of nursing! After three months of unemployment I am ready to be back in the schedule of things. I am uber thankful to my gracious hubby for allowing me to take this time off to set up our new home, find a friend, and explore our new area. It has truly been good for my soul, but I'm being called back to a routine, helping others, saving lives.

I accepted a position on an Oncology/Diabetes floor at a hospital in Troy, New York. It was EXACTLY what I had hoped for. Smaller hospital, great staff, favorite town, and best of all full time days. Can a girl get an amen?



I would love to spill all the details about my days spent with patients, but unfortunately as a nurse I am by law required to protect all information and stories about work. It's called HIPPA and I know if you're ever in a hospital you will be thankful for this little guy.
I'll share what I am able to, but right now I just want to jump for joy and dance all over the place.

For anyone who is struggling with the job market. It is hard! I feel your pain, but you can't give up. Doors close for a reason and you can look back one day and know it was a good thing they did. If you find yourself unemployed look into volunteering. It's a great outlet not only for resume building, but for meeting new people and giving back to your community.

I currently volunteer at a local cat shelter and I am a new Red Cross volunteer. The events that have hit our country lately really brought me down. But I realized that sitting on my butt glued to CNN was not going to benefit any of these people who were hurting.

I urge anyone to look into being a volunteer for The Red Cross. They need volunteers in every area! Marketing, Clerical, Advertising, Blood Drives, Community Activities, CPR courses...you name it, they need YOU!
Did you know The Red Cross is made up of 96% volunteers? That number is astounding to me! Everything they do comes from pure volunteer support...they don't hire anyone you see in the commercials. They are people like us, like you. If they can volunteer, so can you!

Now, stepping off my soap box. I want to thank all of my followers and daily readers who inspire me to keep this blog going. As a way to say thank you, when I reach 100 followers I will be giving away a great prize package to one of my faithful readers.

Be on the look out for more details. It will not be your typical giveaway either! Much easier and ways for my family and friends outside of the blogging world to join in!


Happy hump day! I'm headed out to enjoy the sunshine!
From our home to yours,
post signature


13 comments:

  1. Congrats girl! Hope it doesn't take away from blog time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'll have to multitask now...watch out!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Sounds like to perfect job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I'm really excited about such a wonderful opportunity :)

      Delete
  3. You're such a blessing to all you meet and I know that will continue with these patients! They're so lucky to have you <3 And having been an oncology family member, I couldn't be more thankful for people like you in that line of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I'm lucky to have my patients and their family members like YOU!

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS!!! I love that image above as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kalyn, it means a lot! Isn't it great? Makes you think!

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! So excited for you! And yay for scrubs!

    Badluckjenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you Casey. You are an amazing young woman and an inspiration to young and old.
    I love you Sweetie!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to comment and say "Hi" I found your blog through the comment hop, I'm also a nurse seeking a job, we just moved a few months ago and finding a job is proving to be quite the challenge. Congrats on your new job, thats very exciting! I am also married to a brainy scientist, my hubby has his Ph.D in physics. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete