I wear my emotions on my sleeve

4.16.2013

I was upset all over again this morning when I woke up and realized that yesterday's events were not a bad dream, and the numbers of those injured have continued to grow.
Things like this really shake me up...I am also not good at "pretending" like nothing is wrong. I wear all of my emotions right on my sleeve for everyone to see.
My heart is heavy and as many of you are, longing for closure. I want to know why a human could possibly do this to another human.

I want to know if they thought of the hearts they would be breaking.
Did they intend to crush the world of moms, dads, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, friends, spouses?
Do you think they ever had a thought that maybe they shouldn't do this?
Do they have remorse today?
Are they looking at the graphic pictures online, proud of what they have done?
Am I giving them the reaction they were looking for?

All of this has made me lean even more on my fears that I have previously shared in "Warning this could get deep".
But then I had a sweet voice {text} remind me that Satan would want me to feel anxious, he would want me to not bring another Christian life into this world...so as I'm still nervous about children, I know that I can't let that fear overtake my life.
Someone must be looking out for me because I have had a lot of my prayer warriors reaching out to me today. They didn't know what was heavy on my heart, and they also didn't know that I needed them this morning.

I could not think of a better time to also start my 40 day challenge with Overcome the Lie.
This is forty days of connecting with spiritual partners around the globe and simply praying for each other. Now how cool is that?
You're partnered with another woman who is participating in the challenge and she becomes your accountability partner.
She makes sure I know that He loves me.
She prays for me, and I pray for her.
She shares her struggles and I share mine.


Overcome The lie

As I set out on this challenge I was directed to my favorite devotional this morning
"Jesus Calling" Today's passage went a little like this:


"I am calling you to a life of thankfulness. I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving. The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty. I am the Creator and Controller of the universe. Heaven and Earth are filled with My glorious Presence.
When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. 
From you limited human perspective, it may look as if I'm mismanaging things. 
But you don't know what I know or see what I see. If I pulled back the curtain to allow you to view heavenly realms, you would understand much more. 
However, I have designed you to live by faith, not by sight. 
I lovingly shield you from knowing the future or seeing into the spirit world. 
Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances."

We live by faith, not by sight-2 Corinthians 5:7

Whoa, put on the breaks...this is EXACTLY what I needed to hear this morning. He could always let me see what my future has in store but He keeps me humble and gains my trust...pretty smart of you ask me! 

In times of need, I challenge you to turn to your prayer warriors...they will ALWAYS have the right words for you. I am thankful for mine :) and they know who they are!

post signature
Linking up here and here today.

2 comments:

  1. You are spot on lady! We as humans experience emotion, but as Christ-Followers we must stand firm. The enemy is always looking for our reaction. God, in His word, tells us not to fear. Great post - I am praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That really means a lot!

      Delete