Life Lately

4.18.2013

Howdy Y'all {Uber Texan}
I'm trying to get out of my "funk" and catch back up with the happy things in life.
I figured I would catch you up with what's been happening in the Aslan abode with a few picture tributes! Ready for this?

Lately...
I've successfully planted seedlings and they are growing...I might not have such a brown thumb after all


I've been working on a new blog design with the help of a lovely gal named Laura. Can't wait for you {and me} to see the new face of AAAA


I have really been missing home, but a surprise visit from my best friend since second grade and a planned visit from a nursing friend has helped tremendously!




I have realized that I have a lot of different creative outlets that I want to achieve. 

My downfall is trying to do way too much in each of these categories. 
Just ask Joe, I have 4 different crafts going on at anytime. 
I have address announcements that have needed to be sent out for a month. 
I have a garden I'm trying to foster in my living room. 
I have an obsession for thrifting but running out of places to put "things". 
I am excited about running, but I have already mentally spent too much $$ on all the awesome accessories. {I guess Joe can be thankful that I haven't purchased these things}. 
I have a business that I want to start but I get so overwhelmed with the details that I immediately go to planning a restaurant I would love to open instead...ADD much? Welcome to my brain!


I have re-fallen in love with iced coffees


I love having my nails painted...something feminine about it!


I've been thankful that the summer wheat beers are coming back into "season". Why must everything be seasonal here? Texas has everything all the time!



I've realized how I need to be much more thankful for what I have been given in this lifetime!


What's been going on with you lately?




post signature

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us!

    Your brain is similar to mine. I want to do SO many things but when I think about all of the details and everything that needs to go into the project, I get overwhelmed. And then I start another project. My husband is the complete opposite. He's calm, collected and gets stuff done. If only I could be more like him... sigh.

    Love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband is the same, I'm thankful because he can help me prioritize what needs to be done first! Enjoyed the link up :)

      Delete
  2. umm hi are we the same person or long lost separated twins? Gardening, crafts,coffee, beer? You're speaking to my heart with this post my dear! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why we were paired together :)
      All the BEST things about Spring! Can't wait for you to open you're Carabox!

      Delete
  3. Yeah you have plants :-) hope they all stay alive!!
    Can't wait to see your new blog design!!

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am! Your button will look as pretty as ever on the new design ;)

      Delete
  4. Your blog is adorable! I too love iced coffees and painting my nails (I pretty much always do an accent nail on my ring fingers as well)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Angelica! Love the accent nail! What do yours look like right now?

      Delete
  5. love love love the seedlings! whatcha planting? and I'm so excited to see the new blog design! surprise visits are so exciting :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are moon flowers, poppies, and a climbing rose. We will see what makes it!

      Delete
  6. Hey there! I'm stopping' by from the blog hop and wanted to let you know I'm your newest follower via Bloglovin' and GFC! Hope you'll get a chance to visit me! You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for your for growing those plants, every time i try to grow plants they die :( Loving ice coffee though!! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Rachel, if I could count how many plants I've killed I would be in serious trouble!
      I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will make it

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried the Summer brews from Sam yet. I've heard good things. I haven't drank many of the more popular ones lately as I've been brewing my own. But I always like Sam, so I need to get some!

    And I'm with you with having too many things going at the same time. I'm the same way! Dropped by to this post via the North East Bloggers hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too was a skeptic of the "popular" beers but the summer ale is a decent wheat choice especially paired with a lemon. Kind of similar to a boulevard. What kind of beer do you brew?

      I definitely miss Texas beers! The beers here can be a bit stout and IPAish for me!

      Delete
  9. Hey! I'm a new follower. I found you through the NEB network.

    I love your nails! I'm a huge fan of accent nail manicures~ And I can't wait to see your new blog design(:

    Please follow back if you'd like!

    Elle
    Lipstick & Lace

    P.S. I'm hosting my first ever giveaway on my blog so please check it out and enter to win!

    ReplyDelete