Weekend Shenanigans

4.22.2013

This weekend has been one of our best weekends here in Albany thus far, and best thing about it...it was {almost} entirely FREE!
Yes we had a free weekend of free fun!
Since Joe and I are still on a one income salary we have been trying to keep ourselves out of the pricey restaurants and entertainment, while avoiding becoming couch potatoes. This weekend was definitely a success!

Saturday:
Slept in: Glorious {FREE}

Talked the hubs into going for a run with me. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed have a running buddy to keep me on pace. He even said he may continue training with me for the big 13.1! {FREE}

We then checked out a lunch spot called Moe's. It's sort of like an ok Chipotle...at least they had queso, a rarity up here! {$15}

Next on our list was fishing! I was a bit leery of this activity, but jumped on board because Joe loves fishing. Go thing I did, because it was a blast! We headed down to the Hudson which is only a mile away from our apartment and enjoyed the scenery and sunshine. No fish, but who cares it was fun, and it was {FREE}

Joe and I have been talking more about houses lately so we went and drove down a few neighborhood with new developments. Window shopping, planning for our future, and driving around was fun and you guessed it, {FREE}

We then headed to to Pricechopper, grabbed some "fixins" for white chicken chili, a six pack of Corona, flowers for my bud vases and headed home. {$20}

Made a delicious meal, cornbread included then watched a flick on Netfilx {FREE}




See the face?



Sunday:
Church in Troy where we stayed after and chatted with new Albany friends. {FREE}

Headed to lunch, big splurge of the weekend, to Dinosaur BBQ...lets just say NY should stick to pizza, and let the South handle the BBQ. {$30}

We then headed home with over stuffed bellies and fell asleep for two hours...oh my! {FREE}

Groggy eyed we got up and headed over to Barnes and Noble with our laptops to do a little online car browsing. Yes, would could have stayed home, sat on the couch and browsed for cars, but the change of scenery at Barnes and Noble amongst the smell of books and coffee made it that much better, and still {FREE}.

Dinner was reheats of white chicken chili and included two Skype chats with my parents and my lovely friend from home! {FREE}



Man I love technology, and I love a money saving weekend. Sure, we could have pinched a few more pennies, but this was such a fun weekend spent outdoors and enjoying each other's company. 

What are some of your favorite date ideas that are {FREE}?
Happy Monday Y'all!

post signature
Check out other blogger's weekend shenanigans here

Join us on a Bloglovin' hop!

22 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! I'm a stay at home wife so my husband and I only have one income so we're always trying to think of ways to save money and have a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult at times, but spring is bringing out lots of new opportunities!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a fun weekend with lots of activities! Those flowers are gorgeous! And I love driving around looking at houses, I can't wait to get our own someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was great! proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy yourself!! and those birch tea light candle holders? I neeeeed them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl when I get back to Boston I'll grab you some! Love love love them!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great weekend! I love having no set plans, so relaxing!
    Karen @ Karen's Soiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend & I love your flowers! One of our favorite free activities is hiking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited to start hiking as well! The NE has lots of great outdoor benefits which we are LOVING

      Delete
  6. I love how you descirbed Moe's as "an ok Chipotle." Totally right. Moe's sucks! If I had to chose between driving 2 miles for Moe's, or 5 for Chipotle, I'd always choose Chipotle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes hands down I will always choose Chipotle! I did like their white queso!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE trying to see how many free date-ideas we can come up with! Joel (my husband) and I also love house-hunting, even though we're definitely not looking to move anytime soon. We take runs and walks through our neighborhood just to see different houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a lot fun just dreaming of what we could do with each house! Glad someone enjoys just window shopping as well :)

      Delete
  8. There are some other great and fun things to do in the Albany area that are free. I'm an avid disc golfer and play at Central Park in Schenectady. The Capital Region also has some outstanding parks for photography, hiking and geocaching (which I highly recommend -- great fun). There is a bunch more, too. It's probably one reason I come up to the Capital Region as often as I can! :) Stopping by via the comment promise hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok please explain this geocaching to me! My husband and I would love to do it, but where should we start? I was just in Washington Park for the first time yesterday and fell in love with all of the blooming trees!

      Delete
  9. We love going for drives which is kind of free minus the gas. lol Sounds like you had a heavenly weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! We sure did and hope to have a repeat this weekend!

      Delete
  10. I love me a good FREE weekend:) And of course sleep-ins! Sounds like such a lovely and successful weekend. What 13.1 are you training for? How exciting!

    Visiting from Comment Promise Hop from You Just Can't Google Everything:)

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Alyson! I'm training for the Saratoga Palio half marathon!

      Delete
  11. You have definitely inspired me (I've been using "inspire" a lot today!) to do better with my WEEKEND UPDATE posts! I like the style of yours with the pictures mixed in and, in this case, the theme of [FREE]. It was like reading a short and sweet magazine article.

    Free is always fun, of course! What did you watch on Netflix?? I always like good movie recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ARE your Mother's child!!!

    ReplyDelete