We are family

5.14.2013

With this past weekend being Mother's Day and it being the first year in 24 years that I was not home with my momma, 
I was definitely a little homesick.
However, it was fun that I was celebrating two women in my life this year. 
Since I have "gained" a mother in-law since last mother's day I thought I would share with you my new beautiful family.



First off this is my beautiful "momma'. We are so much alike it can be frightening, but she is my mentor and best friend. We didn't have the greatest mother/teenage daughter relationship back when I was a "know-it-all" and I'm glad she didn't try to be my friend. I needed a swift kick in the pants and a grounding or two.

My dad always told me that at age 18 you will think you know everything. 
But you will actually spend the next 18 years figuring out what you definitely did not know. 
Can I get an amen?! 

Who would have known the awesome relationship I would come to develop with my parents after I stepped down off my high horse.

I also thought my parents were incredibly strict and I would NEVER be so strict with my kids. WRONG-O! I will raise my children exactly the same way, if not more strict! Sheesh...kids these days.

My poor 18 year old self is probably looking at me say, "who the heck are you?!"



This is the most amazing mother in-law anyone could ask for!

She is the most kind, gentle, loving and God fearing woman I have ever met. I am incredibly thankful for the amazing job she did raising my husband. She is a strong woman who raised three boys into extremely successful men.

She instilled the values and morals into my husband that I love the most. 
She taught him of God's grace and love. 
She taught him to be patient, kind and full of joy. 
She taught him to forgive and to love unconditionally. 

At times, I feel that I am not worthy of either of their love. And there are times I want to pinch myself and say did I really get to be married into such a wholesome family? Do I really deserve this?

The brothers!

So needless to say, I am so thankful for these two mothers in my life. 
I can run to both for words of wisdom, as well as advice.

Love you ladies so much!
And don't worry, the dad's will get all their glory too! 
Just didn't want to overload you with how amazing my family is.






Have you seen the new giveaway for this week? I HIGHLY suggest all readers head over here to check out what this week's gift is!

8 comments:

  1. Yay you! We were all jerks as teenagers, I'm sure! It is a blessing to have in laws who share your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way when I was in junior high & high school...thinking that I was the bomb (dot) com and acting like such a brat. I'm also glad that my parents were strict on me and didn't just want to be my friend. I look back now and am so thankful for how they raised me.

    LOVE all of these wedding photos. You have such a beautiful family!

    New follower on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what sweet kudos to your mother-in-law! I have a great MIL too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos and family, friend! You were a beautiful Bride! I know I have said this before, but I am in love with your new blog design! So simply ans chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo's and you were a great bride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww this post was so sweet! It's funny, if you told me at 16 I would love hanging out with my momma on Friday nights when I got older, I would have looked at you like you had two heads =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so pretty!!! And I miss my mom too. Being States away is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew, so glad that all the strictness paid off. I am proud of you Casey Lynn, you are an amazing woman!! Momma

    ReplyDelete