Step by step, inch by inch

6.26.2013

Cue The Black Eyed Peas...Runnin' Runnin' and Runnin' Runnin'

I must admit something...I fell off the running wagon and I MUST run, catch up, and jump back on.
For any new readers to these parts of the web, I am signed up and financially committed to running a half marathon this early September.
Check out more of the details here if you're interested.

The last time I ran was probably two weeks ago and it was only 3 miles...that being said, and according to my training program, I should be saddled up to run 5 miles this weekend.
That my friends, makes me huff and puff and sweaty just thinking about it.

BUT...you know there always has to be a big but...
I am going to plow through because I have you all to keep me motivated, and like I said previously, I'm already financially committed (smart move sub conscience).



Motivation for this week:
1. I need to break in my new Brooks running shoes. I just know these will take all the huffs, puffs, and sweaty thoughts away!

2. I found iTunes gift cards and shall be downloading new tunes. Suggestions are needed PLEASE!

3. We found a new set of trails that we are waiting to check out

4. Joe is putting us on a diet this week...EEEEK. 
Believe me when I say we packed on a few too many lbs during this past winter's hibernation. 

I am still thankful to have shared this running journey with you, because I think I would have already given up by now and it would not even be a thought in my mind. 
So thank you...yes you
You are my motivation because I wouldn't want to fail in front of the world wide web! 
So here's to not throwing in the towel and runnin' runnin'

Please share your favorite workout songs!

Linking up "Just Because"

4 comments:

  1. Most rap that I normally don't listen to is good workout music. I LOVE 90's old rap/r&b for workouts...I mean, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch? Such a good pick me up! Admittedly I also listen to Britney Spears still and a lot of her stuff is good for the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I love that new Blurred Lines song and also Can't Hold Us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get back on the running band wagon as well... :/ I need to find a race and sign up so that I make myself do it.

    I've been tempted to try Brooks running shoes... but I'm leery to. Do you have a neutral stride?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out those stylin' Brooks! Run, girl!!

    ReplyDelete