Home is wherever I'm with you

7.08.2013

Thank you everyone who sent prayers, encouragement and love our way this week. It was a hard, but wonderful week home celebrating the life of one of the most amazing men I have had the privilege of knowing.

Hard times tend to bring people closer. Although we are missing an integral part of our family, we have become a stronger blended family unit. I was amazed at the strength and love that my family is capable of. It is truly an honor to be part of such an amazing family.

This world is filled with materialistic ideas and wants. We tend to get caught up in the daily "must have's" and forget our bare necessities.

When we were home a few weekends back, it was the first time at my parent's new house.
We decided to take a walk down memory lane and drive by our old houses. Talk about blast from the past.
These are the homes I grew up in, back in Texas. The best part of these homes are not the features on the inside, but the multitudes of memories that were shared in the homes.
1989-1999
1999-2013
May 2013-Present

A home is not a place with the newest appliances, fancy granite or trendy decor. Home is where your loved ones are.
A home does not reside on one street, neighborhood or in a single state. Home is where your loved ones are.
A home is not a tangible structure, in a set location. Home is where your loved ones are in the present, past and where they will be in the future.

Home is wherever I'm with you!

You don't need money, cars or even a roof over your head to feel like you are home...all you need are your loved ones close. 
Don't waste a moment or chance to tell your loved ones how incredibly important they are to you.



9 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post. I grew up in one house my whole life and my parents still live there.

    And I'm glad you're back with us and I'm sorry it's been tough but it's amazing that you're family is such a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, Casey. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Home is where your loved ones are, then I have a home in New York. I love you and Joe so very much!! You make my heart beat happily!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful post and beautifully written. couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful perspective and positive way to look at things! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right. I think we forget the difference between need and want. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right indeed! Gorgeous houses, but it's good to look at what really makes a home a home!

    Stopping by from the Comment Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete