Starlet On-The-Go

7.15.2013

Thanks to Mary Kay, I had the opportunity to try out/review some great products through Influenster
I will tell you that this little surprise in the mail couldn't have come at a better time! 
I had just returned from Texas and realized I had forgotten my entire makeup bag...and my feet were then in New York. 
Talk about a BUMMER.

Thankfully this little gem was waiting on my doorstep!

Disclaimer: All views and opinions are solely and 100% my own. I received these products in return for my honest opinion. 

Products Received:
1// Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara in I [heart] black.
2// Mary Kay Lash Primer
3// Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm
4// Mary Kay Eye Color/Concealer Brush
5// Mary Kay Ture Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie

With a little help from my Fifth & Mae jewels and some red Mary Kay lipgloss [previously purchased by yours truly], I was able to create a great Friday date night attire using all of the great products I received from Mary Kay this month. Take a look for yourself... 



Review:
1// Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara in I [heart] black.
>> I enjoy this mascara for a lighter look but it also has the ability to turn dramatic. I have short and sometime thin lashes so I tend to go with a more dramatic volumizing mascara to make my lashes pop. 
I was surprised that once paired with the lash primer, I was able to achieve more of a dramatic look.

2// Mary Kay Lash Primer
>> I had never used a lash primer until now, and I will say I am smitten! The primer helps smooth and spread lashes before mascara application. It helps prevent clumping of mascara when trying to separate lashes.

3// Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm
>> I tend to be skeptical of cream shadows because it tends to not stay put throughout the day and ends up in a messy glop in the crease of my eye lid...with the Cream Eye Color, this isn't the case. The cream  eye shadow lasted all night and the purple hue was perfectly subtle enough but could easily be intensified for a deeper purple look.

4// Mary Kay Eye Color/Concealer Brush
>> Hands down, this is a great brush for eye shadow, and especially the Cream Eye Color. I love any sort of makeup brushes!

5// Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie
>> A great lipstick full of moisture that will leave your snaggletooth baby bottom soft...catch that reference? However, I did not care for the color at all. It's probably because I don't like any shade of pink, but I do plan to look into a bright red hue. In order to get the color seen in the pictures, I applied my red Mary Kay lipgloss [not part of the influenster box]. 
The True Dimensions lipstick is a great summer go to because of the moisture that is locked in with each application. 

Do you have Mark Kay favorites? Be sure to share your tips and tricks!

Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. You're just beautiful!!

    <3 April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this entire box of makeup! Love that lipstick on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!
    I love Mary Kay products.

    ReplyDelete