That time I thought I wouldn't survive a huge move

7.17.2013

Yes, you read right...there was a time, back in the beginning of our "auspicious adventure", that I didn't think I could possibly survive a move across the country. I just knew that I would melt into a sobbing anxious puddle of hot mess constantly and that I would drive my new husband right up a wall.

Today, I am here and still standing on both feet, sans puddle.
Yes friends, today marks my sixth month mark as an official Yankee New Yorker! I can't believe how fast the time has flown, and all of the fun we have had.
It hasn't been without its up and downs, but it has been 100 times easier than I had expected, which I am entirely grateful for.



I figured I would share some of the highlights from our time here in the North East.

I have come leaps and bounds from my first run with being busted. You know? When my accent got me in trouble...

Or

One of my first nights to experiment in the kitchen with a loaf of bread and you joined me in learning how NOT to use a kitchen aid mixer.

What about the time I shared advice on how to hang onto your marbles and keep your sanity after a huge move across the country.

Have you wondered what exactly the meaning behind our Auspicious Adventure is all about?

We have also really enjoyed being up here on our own, as newlyweds, trying to figure out this little thing called life and marriage.

We've enjoyed many weekends together, but this FREE weekend has still been my favorite!

A huge thanks to our readers for the love and support. Because of you, this blog is still going strong, and I haven't melted into that puddle we previously talked about!


Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

12 comments:

  1. Aww!! What a milestone! Moving can be very intimidating... especially when you are moving to an entirely different place! Loved looking at some of your old posts ! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are making the most of your move and enjoying the Northeast! I enjoyed the Kitchen Aid story. Although I don't have one, there have been numerous times that I've forgotten to take off my ring while cooking something messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see that you're making the most of being in New York. It's hard to describe the vibe of the Albany area to someone that's never been and it definitely takes a unique perspective to start to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you made it through the first 6 months smoothly! In two weeks, I'm moving from south Louisiana to Michigan for my husband's job. We're only staying 6 months before we move on to another location. I've been getting nervous the past few days, and your story has really encouraged me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is such crazy affair, especially when you are going cross country!

    When I moved from California, all my friends there thought I was crazy as I didn't know a soul in Massachusetts... I kept telling them I'd be fine and some of them even followed in my direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've made it! But don't you dare resign to calling yourself a yankee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOO! congrats! next step BLATE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that we are along for the ride! I love following you every step of the way! Here's to another 6 months, and 6 more... to infinity and beyond!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving is SO scary. The first time I went from Connecticut to Tennessee I thought I was going to die... from being away from home, from being scared, from all the scary Southern girls, etc. Thanks for sharing this! Love the pictures at the end - how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah moving is terrifying! Well done! :) I read this and felt so encouraged and am looking forward to my own "we made it" post, one day! It was great looking back through your old posts... I hardly ever remember to take my rings off when cooking/baking... My husband used to take them in to the lab to clean them beautifully, or I'd give them to my on-site landlord who was an engraver and he'd polish them... now I realise how tricky it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on six months in the North!! I'm going on two years in Vermont and can thankfully say that I have survived...still long to go back to the South though!

    ReplyDelete