Watch for the boom and switch the jig!

7.11.2013

A while back I created a 26 before 26 list. This list is a bucket list of to-do's that I would love to accomplish by 26...a mere 18 months.

I was reflecting and laughing over some of the things I selected (Mediterranean Cruise??!!) I wanted to keep you updated on some progress that I have actually made thus far.

#4 Go Sailing:
As I have probably mentioned before, our close friends here are from Texas and we are just so thankful to have met them through our church that we love.
Funny thing is, these two lovebirds met in college in the sailing club (cute right?)

A couple of weekends ago they invited us out for some sailing on Thompson's lake in Knox York. Talk about exhilarating.

It's definitely not the sit there in your model bikini and lounge. Sailing has a lot of technique, physics and work to it; not to mention the nautical jargon we picked up that after noon.




Any sailors out there? How about this for you: "We are coming about, so watch for the boom and switch the jig"? Eh? Impressed yet?

Definitely lots of fun, especially when you can enjoy a glass of sangria while you're at it...
Sangria recipe to be posted ASAP.

I am pumped that I was able to cross that one off the list during our first summer here in NY. We hope it won't be our last time this summer as well!
Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

8 comments:

  1. Yay sailing! Sadly I live in the sailing capital of the world and haven't gone...but I do love being on any boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh funnn!! And gorg pictures!! I wanna com visit ASAPPPPP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go sailing! I bet you had an amazing. And yes I was impressed with the lingo!

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been sailing once, but it was a long time ago, and I'd love to go again!

    I like the idea of having a list to accomplish before a certain age. You've inspired me to start one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sailing! It's one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will so go sailing with you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete