Your burdens shall be set free!

7.30.2013

This was a guest post I did a while back for the wonderful gals over at Overcome The Lie. I urge you to hop on over to their site where there is more inspiration than you may know what to do with!

This is a topic I have touched on before, but I have felt more of a need to share this with my readers lately. Enjoy, and I hope this helps you today.

Fear, anxiety, loneliness. 
Yes, I'm afraid a lot of women know all too well the emotions and feelings that come with those three simple, yet complex words. If you're one of these women, I urge you to take a moment to read on and then send your anxieties up to the Lord. 

This world can be a daunting place. Sin is everywhere we walk, talk and breathe. Bills, appointments, arguments and stress overwhelm our daily lives. When such things pull at our heart strings and push us to our limits, some people may turn away from God. We may ask over and over, Lord, why me? 

Did you know that the Lord gives us only what we are able to overcome? When he brings us to these stressors and difficulties in life, did you know he will also bring you through it?

I myself deal with daily anxiety. I fear what emotion could overcome me, or if I'm capable of making it through the day. I will be the first to tell you, that I do make it through every day, but not without the promises and grace of God. 

God promises us that if we just stick by him and fully trust in His grace, we should have no fears or worries. Challenges in our lives need to be embraced, so that we may be eager to discover the blessings that come from our hardships. Anxieties become areas of growth and opportunity. 

On the days when my anxieties have overcome me, I take the time to pray and recite Proverbs 3:5-6. It's my daily mantra and one that lets me know that I can definitely survive these next few seconds, minutes, hours, days...

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your path."



As women, we stand together as a support system through His grace. There are things you can't forget:
  • You are strong.
  • You are loved.
  • You are not alone.
  • Trust in Him with all your heart, and your burdens shall be set free!

Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future."

Luke 1:37 "For with God, nothing shall be impossible."


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this :) Perfect to read as I start my day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! So great to be reminded of this today, thank you! I also deal with daily anxiety, but God is good all the time and I know that I'm only stronger because of it. Keep on keepin' on sista! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that verse! Such a great one. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect reminder right now, just what I needed, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete