Dear 5 year old me

8.26.2013

As all of my teacher friends head back to school this week, it made me reflect over that time in life that I most certainly took for granted many moons ago.


Dear 5 year old me,

You see, now that you're "grown" there are a few things I'd like you to realize what you were actually missing out on. Yes, those grown ups were right and those rules actually weren't out to ruin your life...

Let's talk about naps...I would do just about anything to have those wasted minutes "rollover" into my daily routine now. How could I have wasted such precious moments of sleep? I would LOVE to just roll out my "Little Mermaid" sleeping bag in the middle of the nurses station and catch some Zzzz's.

Leftovers...my poor, poor mom. What a brat I was for turning my nose up at reheated dinners/leftovers. What the heck was I thinking? Leftovers are brilliant, and leave more couch quality time with the hubs. Our week revolves around leftovers and I don't know what I will do when I have to learn to share my leftovers with a family of greater than two.

Summer. Now I know this may come as a shock to some, but as a kid, I didn't look forward to summer. I loved school and loved being at school with my friends. Both of my parents worked so we would either be home alone (age permitting) or at "daycare" and that just brings back horrid memories so we won't go there! But I would definitely take some summer, as in work free, anytime!

What are some of the things you would bring back from your childhood?

Happy Monday, from our home to yours

Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

6 comments:

  1. I would give anything to be able to take a nap right now. I'd curl up under my desk and just snooze away! :)

    I loved summer as a kid! My dad managed the recreation in our town, and I got to hang out at the pool all day every day with all the kids hanging out there. The lifeguards were like my big siblings! :)

    I guess I was an easy kid... I ate anything and everything... guess that's why I'm not super skinny. HAH! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fabulous to roll out a sleeping bag in the nurses station!! I'm sure the docs would give funny looks tho ;)

    - April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps. 1000000% naps. After studying Spanish for four hours I feel like I need to curl up into a little ball and hibernate. Lets be honest..sometimes that actually happens in my Spanish lectures. Opps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The naps. oh yes. And having lunch packed for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I also loved school and being around friends every day... I definitely enjoyed it, and even at university... that's what I miss now for sure!

    ReplyDelete