Dear Diary

8.22.2013

Did you have an actual diary growing up? I remember having a blue diary that had a lock on the outside. It was a world for my secrets about the boys I had a crush on, my questions on life and the latest life troubles in my 10 year old world. I would absolutely love to go back and read this diary to see just how simple life was.

In the spirit of the "good 'ol days" here is my Dear Diary post, circa 2013.

Dear Wilfred, I don't think you're a funny show. Joe sure does. It does make me giggle hearing him belly laugh...although I don't know if I'll ever understand the humor.
Dear Fall, I can't wait for you to be here! I'm ready for snuggling, over sized sweaters, tall boots, and pumpkin spiced lattes. Fall also means family will be here soon, and that's exactly what I need!
Dear wonky attitude, please feel free to leave whenever you'd like, sooner rather than later. I've been in a funk and I think its a mixture of too much working, and missing my family/home.
Dear 24 year old self, when did you become a 85 year old woman? The past week I have come home, taken two tylenol for my aching hip and knee, and then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch by 8:30. Seriously...
Dear Terra Nova Church, thank you for providing weekly inspiration and a great group of people we are becoming friends with. It makes this big move more enjoyable.
Dear apple picking, I CANNOT wait for you to be here...can you say definition of Fall?
Dear Remi, I'm still obsessed and thankful for your new car smell!

Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

10 comments:

  1. Indian Ladder Farms. Best apple picking around and their cider donuts and pies are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw my diaries from when I was small are really sweet, the things I worried about as though the world was coming to an end! I hope you get out of that funk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband watches Wilfred on occasion and I am just so confused by the whole dog as a person. And yay for fall and apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always kept a journal and still do. I have all the old copies. Every once in awhile I'll go back and read. It always makes me laugh as to what I thought the end of the world was going to be then... Hah! :)

    I don't know that we're meant to understand our husbands sense of TV show humor... I usually just tune out when Jake is watching his shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I've been in a funky attitude lately too! We both need them to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is something I need to remind myself of... EVERY DAY. I hate worrying. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHmen on the 24 year old turned 85 year old. That is me every day this week. I hate being so unproductive! UGH!

    p.s. I LOVE that you name your cars. Seriously, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww...you are definitely in a good place to savor fall! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. No shame in going to bed early, in my opinion. No shame at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I could have written your letter to your 24-year-old self! My 24-year-old self pulled a back muscle a few days ago and been a pouty sleepy bum ever since! I'm too young to be falling apart already!

    ReplyDelete