Beautiful Lengths

10.25.2013

Yesterday I did a first in my life...I cut off 11 inches of hair that had been so tediously grown over the past year and then some.
Talk about exhilarating and nerve wracking all at the same time. There was no turning back after those first swift cuts.

At work, there have been more and more women coming through our doors and being diagnosed with cancer. It breaks my heart to see their spirits crushed, but each and every one chooses to pull up those proverbial big girl pants and fight. Fight for their lives on a daily basis. Although I'm not always able to tell a patient that I know first hand what they are going through, I can tell them that I support and will fight with them 100%.

How are the ways I support these amazing women? I sit at their bedside and just simply listen, I offer a hand to hold during painful procedures and most of all I let them know they have a support system. All of these things are nothing tangible that I can actually give to them. That is where donation just hit my heart. By donating my hair, I could physically help a woman who was battling for her life.

Pantene "Beautiful Lengths" is the donation program I chose to use because it specifically targets women battling cancer. Pantene has already donated over 24,000 wigs to the American Cancer Society and mine will help make one more.
It will help one more woman hopefully feel more beautiful in her skin.

Before
After

To the woman who receives my hair in her wig. I'm rooting for you. Life isn't easy right now, but the world wants to see you smile. You're strong, courageous but most of all you are beautiful. Know that others are rooting for you, even if you don't know them.



9 comments:

  1. 1. I love you for doing this! :) It's so sweet and considerate!
    2. YOU LOOK FABULOUS! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new hair cut! What an amazing action you're doing. You're going to make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beautiful inside and out! Nurses like you give patients and their loved ones a bit more peace during nasty circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new 'do! And what a fabulous cause. Good for you! :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Way to be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you girl!! I have been wanting to donate my hair for a while now- just waiting for it to be long enough!!

    Love te short hair on you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, and for such a great cause too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new cut!! And what an amazing thing to donate for!!!!

    ReplyDelete