Anniversary Adventure: Corning Glass Museum

11.11.2013

Continuing with our  Anniversary getaway, on Sunday we visited the Corning Museum of glass. Corning glass is something I sure we all own; you know? Corning ware. Well it's made in Corning New York. Joe was especially excited about visiting because most chemistry glassware is made of only the finest Corning glass. Pretty awesome.
Joe had also researched the museum and found that we could make our own Corning glass work of art. So much fun!




The final products are pretty awesome. They had to cool in a kiln overnight and then they were express mailed to us. I'll be sure and share a picture of them ASAP. Even if you think museums are not the place for you, skip the museum and just make your own glass.
It was a blast that we wanted to continue to do over and over again.

After all of our hard work, we thought it was only fitting to celebrate with a classic bloody mary and brunch. YUM! Cheers to 1 year married!



8 comments:

  1. For real? Corningware seems so much cooler now. I want to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun!! :) we did this for some of our chem labs back in college.. and one girl had to go to the ER bc she burnt her finger. i had a few burns here and there too but nothing too serious. the products come out really cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, this looks amazing! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura from Sophie & Rory is in the process of redoing my blog and your blog name grabbed my attention. I'm originally from the CD- Saratoga Springs specifically! So fun to see bloggers from home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay SO cool that you actually got to go to a class for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just catching up on my blog reading now and I was so excited to see this post. I have always wanted to visit the Corningware museum and studio and now your photos have made me put it on my must-go list. As always I love when you share your pictures from your adventures all over the Northeast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is so awesome!! I can't wait to see what you made :-)

    ReplyDelete