Have you noticed? A challenge for you this holiday season

12.23.2013

Have you noticed

In a long line of traffic people are more courteous about letting others in?
That people are spreading more cheer?
People going out of their way to do something for another in need?
An overall sense of joy?



This Christmas is one that is very different for Joe and I, and I'm thankful for it.
It has allowed me to be more observant of the true feelings as well as reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. What an amazing time…as I think of all these warm feelings, I can't help but question the days that follow the "big day".

Will people continue to go about their busy lives, choosing to cut another off in traffic?
Will life just go back to being "less cheerful"?
Will others try to go out of their way to help someone in need if it's not during the holidays?
What about that peace and joy? Will it fade away too?

Eventually it all may fade until next holiday season, BUT I challenge you to seek out the joy, peace and continue with your servant hearted deeds. You can still get those good feelings. Keep that in mind and most of all enjoy your loved ones and reflect on the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

Merry Christmas,
P.S. I participated in a wonderful Christmas ornament exchange with Jenny from Bad Luck Jenn and Jennifer from Bubbly and Buttercream. My partners were the lovely Jennifer herself and another Jenn who I loved getting to know! Lots of Jen's huh? I got the sweetest photo frame snowmen that I can't wait to fill with pictures from our first year in New York. Thanks Jenn!
Ornament Swap
Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. I was talking to my husband about this just today---the traffic was SO crazy due to all the last-minute Christmas shopping going on, but almost everybody seemed much more courteous than usual and much more willing to let cars in who were waiting. It's a great reminder to reflect on the things that are wonderful at Christmas---and to think about how those things can be prolonged throughout the year. Thanks for the thoughts!

    http://autodidacticambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about this too. And next year I want to be intentional about being kind throughout the year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to your family :)

    ReplyDelete