Saying yes when life becomes "deep"

12.05.2013


So I've had this post on my heart for a while, and I think I have found the perfect outlet to transition my thoughts into actual beliefs. Amber from Mr. Thomas and Me is starting a surge around the WWW and encouraging women to "Say Yes". The #sayyesproject is about coming out of your comfort zone and saying YES to something that you may attempt to avoid otherwise.

So do you remember when I posted about a paralyzing fear of mine when it comes to becoming a parent one day? Well I have a feeling God has been working on my heart…no this is not a pregnancy announcement!! YIKES!

Bit of background to this story. I was raised in a wonderful Christian home filled with morals and principals that were founded on a solid foundation. We didn't talk much of God, but he was the outline for our lives. We learned Bible stories on Sunday mornings, but as soon as we were headed out the church doors for CiCi's pizza there was no longer a desire for Jesus following me to the local pizza joint. Yes, I understand that Children are simple minded creatures but are innocent with child like faith…but I have personally seen how Jesus can stay active and burning in a child's heart and it truly is awe inspiring.

As few months ago I chose to "Say Yes" to volunteering with my Church's Children's Program. I have always loved kiddos, just terrified to have my own, I digress. Terra Kids is the name of our program and is led by the most amazing woman who has nothing, and I mean nothing but joy in her heart for Jesus.

Sundays I have the privilege of working with 4 and 5 year olds and teaching them the truth of the Bible. What I never would have expected is that these tiny minds would continuously teach me about child like faith as well as meaning behind Bible stories. These precious children know Jesus, and I mean KNOW. They put full faith that he loves them, and think it's silly that other people question his love for them.

Now how does this relate to my paralyzing fear of babies? As I was driving home after teaching one Sunday the sudden thought popped into my head, I can't wait to be the parent that instills the love of Jesus into a child's heart. I can't wait to witness His grace work in the life of something I made!
I immediately got chills and had an overwhelming feeling of peace. This has never been a thought of mine. My thoughts and feelings only ever included fear. God had chipped away at my cold heart and I know he promises to train me as a teacher as HE raises my children.

The most amazing thing to me is that he taught me this beauty through the eyes and minds of 4 and 5 year olds. How often to we get wrapped up in this adult life when we really need to fall back into our child like faith.

By "Saying Yes" to volunteering, I may one day say yes to becoming a parent. No time soon, but I know He will make my heart ready one day. It also doesn't help that the holidays can really give one baby fever once they have this earth shattering revelation.


Mr. Thomas and Me

Thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. This is such a warming story, Casey! I'm so glad that God has shown you a way to overcome your fear and prepare your heart for the possibility of one day becoming a parent. Praying for you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love this!!! So glad you joined in the say yes project and can't wait for those little Aslan babies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    I totally understand. Children are a blessing, but the responsibility we have to them IS scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea this was a fear of yours. But I totally thought it was going to be a pregnancy announcement! I've always dreamed of being a mother and knew that I wanted to dedicate my life to it. However, I was still absolutely terrified when I found out that I was pregnant since we weren't trying! It's okay to feel scared and overwhelmed by the idea of parenting, trust me...we all do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Casey how I understand your fear… I have felt petrified of how I would be as a parent, but lately have gravitated towards the kids and babies at family events and sort of dream of what it'd be like to have one of my own! I didn't imagine it being a desire of my heart just yet in our marriage, but His timing isn't often what I'd assume of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! What a great message, and such a peace to you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete