Cheers not Jeers!

1.01.2014

Happy New Years!! 2014

Alright friends, we are back in the saddle and ready to continue spreading #cheersnotjeers through 2014!
What a perfect was to kick off the first day of 2014…by spreading cheer of course.
Many of us have resolutions this year, I challenge you to work on spreading positivity and acknowledging the need around you this year. Nothing fancy, just pay it forward. I promise it won't take too much time, and it certainly will not put you in a bad mood!


As bloggers, more importantly as women, it is often easy to get caught up in the strains and drains of life. Lets face it, life can just flat out SUCK at times. And I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone who doesn't love a sweet compliment or a simple thumbs up thrown their way. As motivation to spur a little female bonding around the "interwebs" I introduce to you this weekly link up "Cheers not Jeers"
This is your chance to build up some of your favorite women and showcase their talent through your blog and spread a little sisterly love.
How it works:
  • Every Wednesday join in the link up by including "Cheers" about your favorite bloggers. These are bloggers who spur your creativity, touch your heart, or keep you sane laughing.
  • Post a small shout out or devoted post to your blogger loves, creating more community between each other, while posting a link to their blog in your post so others many be inspired.
  • Grab the button below to include in your post
  • After linking up, find a new face, visit a new blog, introduce yourself and send them a "cheer" 
Highly Encouraged:
There are no specific "rules" about following certain individuals in the link up, but just strongly encouraging women to seek out one another and offering praise instead of the negativity we can often see floating around the world wide web. I will personally visit each blog in the link up to see what any awesome impact this is making.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers not Jeers Episode 6

Today I wanted to spread some cheer to amazing bloggers of 2013. So many women I have connected with through blogging have had one heck of a year! It has been comforting to see women digging deep to find their strength when handling what life faces them. It has been a joy to see them prosper as well as enjoy when morale comes from other bloggers. I'm telling you this positivity stuff is contagious!

Kenzie- started nursing school this year, which I know first hand is one of the most challenging times in a nurse's life. So far she is rocking it as well as raising a precious baby girl in their brand new home! Hats off to Kenzie for going after her dreams and remaining sane at the same time! I'm rooting for you!

Gayle- is a superwoman in human clothes. Her zest for life is contagious and her faith is one that I admire. She went through something incredibly terrifying, one that she couldn't have tackled without her faith. Read why and how she is a previvor when she decided to have a preventative double mastectomy

Catalyn- had quite an eventful 2013 one filled with close calls and blessings. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching her pregnancy journey and the things she is learning. When it is my turn one day, I will be forever grateful for women like Catalyn to help me figure the whole parenting thing out. Catalyn was in Boston only 100 yards from the finish line when the Boston Marathon bombings occurred. What a terrifying day, and one that I can't even begin to imagine.

Anna- is an amazing runner and one who I looked towards for motivation while training for my half marathon. This girl can RUN and never let's anything get in her way. She is raising two boys and has a busy schedule but managed to run 13 races this year, not to mention placing first in her division a majority of the time. You can see the dedication to her running as well as her family which I completely
admire!

Last but definitely not least…
Amber- is one fabulous gal who I have just recently stalked/read her blog entirely  discovered. Her sweet family has been given many trials this year, and each time they have come out stronger. Read about her family's heartache and journey through dementia. I am selfish and saying that I hope I never know the hurt her family has dealt with, but what an amazing testament of faith this family has. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Do you know any bloggers who persevered through 2013 only to come out better in the end? I hope you share this week!

Cheers not Jeers

Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. You are so stinking sweet! Thank you so much for lifting me up today and for being such a sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a bright and wonderful way to start off the New Year! So unexpected and, yet, such a little encouragement for my soul as I'm dreaming and working to put together what 2014 will look like over on my space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy....I so need to link up with you! I've been more absent than I'd like from blogland lately so cheers to you for still getting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed the link up this week! Will try to get back on the blogging cheering bandwagon next week!

    ReplyDelete