Grow Where You are Planted

1.31.2014


The phrase "Grow where you are planted" has really been on my heart lately. Over the past year I have done an immense amount of growing. Spiritually, mentally, with a less anxious heart and closer to my husband. All amazing things. 

You know what I keep asking myself? What if we hadn't made this move? What if we were still in Texas? Would we have "grown" just as much.

As much as I'd hate my momma to hear, I know for a fact that we wouldn't have. I think often times we would have gotten stuck in our old lives and routines which didn't accommodate for a God in the center as well as putting each other first. We were often put others first before our marriage, and our Savior on the back burner. 

In Jeremiah 17: 7-8 we are encouraged to grow out of our old mundane roots and grow roots of our own.
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8

So much of that verse speaks to me and tells me to mirror just that. Leave my anxieties, trust in my faith and ultimately make the best out of where you are planted and always, always, always, trust in Him.

How can you translate this into your life?
You know that emptiness or pit in your stomach? Yeah you know what I mean…that burning feeling when you want to do something that may be out of your comfort zone or against what others may think is cool. 
Do it. Full out, dive in deep and find that you feel happy in your faith and that you're backed by something much "cooler" than others may see.

Still not resonating? Go to that church and see how it feels. Sign up for that mission trip. Sign up for the daunting women's retreat that sounds so scary. Volunteer your time, your services, your money.
Or simply take time to be still…that in itself is one that is hard for most people. Enjoy moments of stillness and dig your roots in deep that you may grow and bear fruit.

And most of all…if I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it!
P.S. Like my new little fancy smanchy planter up there? A DIY is coming your way soon!


6 comments:

  1. absolutely love this - and needed to hear it today.
    stepping out of our comfort zones is alwayas so - challenging - but so rewarding.
    thank you for sharing your heart with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes. YES! So happy that you're really learning from the whole uprooting your life and moving across the country thing :). I love your positivity, as it just resonates from your words! I've been saying "yes!" to a lot of new things lately that I never would have before, and I'm loving it! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've done a lot of growing and stepping out of my comfort zone with all of the moving that we have done too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy-I was just thinking about this today AND reading Jeremiah. Guess I should be paying attention to the message! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much to say. But not in a public way.

    Sending you an email. But know, you just blew my planner's mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the attitude we are here for a reason. I may not know the reason right now but I need to be open and accept everything.

    ReplyDelete