This birthday cake slice of life

1.03.2014



As I reflect on that past year and the woman who I was in the new 2013, I think of words such as timid,  repressed, anxious, filled with worry and angst. As I venture in to not only a new year, but a new step in life I am proud to say those words have turned into peaceful, outgoing, calm, able to express and embrace my creativity and dreams and most of all filled with His joy.

If last year as I turned 24, you would have told me that just a short year later I would feel liberated from anxiety (mostly), free to be me and loving my new home in the North East…I would think you were plain crazy. There are times too, I feel sad that I'm enjoying this so much, because I should be spending these sweet times with my family. But they are my #1 supporters and fuel my love for this temporary slice of life. They have all come and visit and though they want us home ASAP they support this step of our life.

Here's to the new me, the new year and the year of being 25. Thanks for all of the love friends!

Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. sorry 2013 wasn't "your year" but here's to hoping you can enjoy every last drop of 2014 anxiety and stress free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are beating your anxiety! Life is so much better without it! :) I'm secretly planning a trip to come see you, I just don't know when that will be... :/ Stay there long enough for me to visit! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers pretty lady! Happy Birthday with many wonderful wishes sent your way.
    xo.Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! I hope it was everything you wanted and so much more....It only gets better.

    ReplyDelete