My Texas

2.27.2014

I'm a huge Pandora fan and yesterday was no exception. While scrubbing the apartment top to bottom I had the Josh Abbot Band station blaring. so many of his songs and others played on the Pandora station remind me so much of home, college, and two stepping with Joe. Talk about nostalgia hitting you right between the eyes. It made me so homesick so I thought I would share a little nostalgia and one of my favorite country songs.

My Texas by josh Abbott Band is pretty self explanatory but to promote just how great Texas is all bolded words are places I have been and seen in the great Lone Star State. I don't know many songs about New York…well I guess Jay Z pops into my head, but you can't two step to that one. Sorry boutchya




My Texas: Josh Abbott Band


If you haven't climbed up to Enchanted Rock, 
Drank a cold Shiner down in Luckenbach, 
Taken your baby to the River Walk
Then you ain't met My Texas yet.

If you haven't floated down the 'Ol Frio
Heard Red Dirt music on your radio,
Eaten Cooper's down in Llano, 
Then you ain't met My Texas yet.

You haven't been to the Houston rodeo, 
Sang "Carry On" at a Pat Green show, 
If you ain't seen an Abilene sunset, 
Then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

If you never caught a trout down in Port A,
Heard the words to "Corpus Christi Bay", 
Never seen fireworks on PK
Then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

Havent had a kolache when you go through West,
Never heard of the Larry Joe Taylor fest, 
Think polished pop country crap sounds the best,
Then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

You haven't been to the Ft. Worth stock show
Sang along with Cory Morrow, 
You ain't seen a hill country sunset, 
Then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

You say you haven't hiked through Big Bend, 
Had your hair blown back by a Lubbock wind,
Been somewhere where they call you "friend"
then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

You haven't been to the San Antone 
rodeo, 
Sang "Everclear" at a Creager show, 
If you ain't seen an El Paso sunset, 
Then you ain't met My Texas yet. 

No, you ain't met My Texas yet!

 

Love this song so much! And I love the pride Texans have






Meet one of my favorite bloggers!
 

7 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of Pandora as well... I will definitely have to check that station out! Have a Beautifully Blessed Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the music is just perfect for you! :))) It's the best feeling in the world. :)
    Also, you should come help me clean my house... Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my husband and I just moved out here, we have loved it so far. We've even noted how proud Texas is as a state. Not boastful, but proud. Definitely our favorite state aside from our home state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! I may just a 'tad' bit biased, but I just LOVE Texas! It's true - Texans are p.r.o.u.d. Born and raised, I can't imagine living anywhere besides Texas. :) Thanks for this song, and I'm glad you were able to reminisce a little yesterday! Josh Abbott Band ... bestill my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes a thousand times! :) I love texas too!
    Have you heard, Bowl for Soup's Come Back to Texas? You need to if not, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBWNgg8CClc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg you know how to two step. I love you even more now.

    ReplyDelete