Truths and a Lie

3.11.2014

Source

This weekend I had the chance to finally sit down with a close friend of mine who I haven't been able to see in a long time. A little vague? Ok…the first friend I made in NY, now has a traveling job. When I wasn't working we were attached at the hip and both of our schedules are just so busy now that we may see each other once a month and I look forward to our meetings each time.
Better?

I shared with her the fears going on in my life with a few tears on top, and the advice she gave me was so simple, honest and exactly what I needed.
She encouraged me to write a list of "truths". Things I know that will happen in my lifetime, and the truths of my heart.
So as I have lately used this blog as a "Dear Diary", I figured I wouldn't let her down.

Truths

It is true that we moved to New York for a reason that is beyond my understanding.
It is true that with this move I have found peace, let my heart become still and drown out the unnecessary noise.
It is true that my marriage is stronger because of this stillness.
It is true that I miss my family so much it hurts.
It is also true that even in my stillness I try to put our families' wants before my own.
It is true that life has a beginning and we always know there is an end. Alpha and Omega
It is true that life should not be filled with anxious worrying about when these days will come.
It is true that I feel guilty when I'm not anxious and worrying about these days.
It is true that I would feel regret.
It is OBVIOUSLY true that I am torn and in this season of life, and feel lost as to the direction I should follow.

In the days when I can't find the peace and stillness, it is a lie from evil that I am not capable, or that I am too weak to handle what may be thrown my way.

This post is in no way a cry for pity and poor me. This is a challenge for you to write out what you know to be true in your life. Quit trying to predict what will and won't happen. Stay true to yourself and don't fall for the lie that evil will daily attempt to bring to your heart.


And on a much lighter note, don't forget about Cheers Not Jeers tomorrow!
Check out my newest adventure!

8 comments:

  1. This is SO MUCH GOODNESS!!! I love your heart. I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this post. I so relate to the struggle between anxiety for the uncertainties in life and the knowledge the God is in control. Thank you for sharing! I am inspired to do my own "truths" post. Such a great format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, thank you so, so much for this post! It is exactly what my heart needed and I'm so unbelievably thankful that it was laid upon your heart to share with your readers today! I will be writing my truths weekly to help me through a torrential downpour that is currently my life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore what your friend said about truth. Because life is so scary and change can be terrifying and there's times that frustrations boil over... But there are certain things that are true ALWAYS and He is one of the truths. This is definitely a must for those days that feel so overwhelming and scary and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful. I think I'm going to go write down some of my own truths...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is so simple, yet so powerful. I often struggle with my own truths, and how I don't always like this season of my life. But i know one this is always true: I have a higher power guiding my steps. And your stillness? What a blessing. You are a wise woman, Mrs. Aslan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is exactly what I needed right now. I must admit that I am jealous that your heart is still because my heart is full of anxious and fear. I'm at peace with this move but everything is else is such a blur.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea. I moved to Australia for reasons that are kind of unknown to me. I'm not sure why but I was just drawn here - so I arrived and I also found some peace, and I believe I became a much better version of myself.

    ReplyDelete