Need

4.15.2014

I need sunshine
I need fresh air and spaces to roam
I need dreams
I need time
I need God
I need family
I need friends
I need fellowship
I need music, as it soothes the soul

I have memories that will last a life time
I have an aching heart from saying goodbye
I have urges and dreams to conquer the world
I have a sun kissed tan that I will hate to see go
I have hopes to be home soon
I have the itch to travel
I have the want to love
I have a heavy heart that feels like something is missing

Each summer when I was young I would go to camp for a week. Each day was packed tight with activities, friends, fellowship, outdoors and late nights. At the end of the week we would be exhausted, thinking we were ready to come home. When we would return home, the house was a little too quiet, our schedules were a little too still. I remember feeling lonely and my heart aching for the friendships I had strengthened over the week as I spent every waking and sleeping hour with these people.
My friend and I could just say "camp feeling" and we both knew what each other was saying.

This past week was exactly what I needed but it left an empty space that is too quiet, too still and without my loved ones. As I know this feeling will pass, I reflect on all of the love that Joe and I have in our lives and I am so thankful. So thankful that it hurts…do you know what I mean? The it hurts, throat closing up trying to prevent tears hurt.
I miss home more than ever, but so thankful for the time we were able to spend with them this week.






Meet one of my favorite bloggers!

7 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of needing home and missing it. I'm so glad you were able to come home, even if it wasn't long enough. It does the soul well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time with your family. I totally know how it feels wanting to be home. I just booked my one way flight back to Albany for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful, sunny time! Hope that the empty feeling fills up a little as the week goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to have some quality family time!!!! Happy, happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an absolutely wonderful visit home and quality family time!! Which is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post and your adorable family!! xo

    ReplyDelete