Changes.

5.02.2014

I've started this post over and over again, unable to find the right time for posting, because once it goes live, I can't go back.
I have a confession….and it's hiding behind this pretty space with aesthetics of what I thought a blog should look like. The design, although beautiful, is what I thought you wanted from my space. The wedding pictures, although they are the key to my heart, are what I thought you wanted to see.

Now as much as I'd love to be a cute cover with loads of my likes and alliteration, oh and throw in those royal blue pumps on the daily, it's just not me.
And most of you who really know me understand that.
I'm just your average mess of a woman trying to love the skin I'm in.

If this space could really show my "true colors" you would will see a raw canvas, with worn edges. The colors and aesthetics plain, yet a hint of rebel thrown in the mix.

The voice you would will hear is one born from a transparent heart, full of errors and mistakes. A lot of which are grammatical.
My voice must be mine, and for me it shall be.



What does this mean for the blog?
It means you will hear more of MY voice instead of what I thought my voice should be.
It means I could go days or even weeks in between posts because I want to stick with MY voice.
It means this space will be much more organic with material focused mainly on the reasons I started this blog in the first place.
It means I have an entire new design coming and I cannot wait for you to see.
It means this blog will no longer take sponsors, as I want this to be a space for MY words.
Sponsors had begun to stress me out and that is the last thing that I want from this space. As I love promoting blogs, it will be because my heart leads me to, not the commitment I have signed up for.
Could this ultimately get me the "unpopular vote"? Sure, but that wouldn't be for ME.
I have struggled a lot with the idea of not supporting other blogs on my space…but I think it's for the best. This being said, all sponsorships will currently be fulfilled in their entirety.

What it doesn't mean…
It doesn't mean I will disappear.
It doesn't mean I won't continue to spread my wings and build new friendships.
It doesn't mean I don't love you…I just want to love a little more of me. Selfish? Maybe…

But, if I can show an example of loving myself for who I am, and not who you want me to be, then we can both gain overall?

Catch you on the flip side,

17 comments:

  1. I love that you're all about YOU! That is what's most important. I love blogging for that mere reason: It's a place for ME to dump what is going on in my life. In the process, I've made great friends along the way! You go girl for being selfish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're able to announce this to the world! Scary? Yes. But I'm proud that you've taken that step. I look forward to hearing YOUR voice and for the new look! It's so important for a blog to truly reflect the writer...isn't that what blogging is for anyway?! Can't wait, girl!

    xoxo,
    Brianna

    www.xobriannaleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason it's SO HARD to find your voice in the blogging world. I struggle with it a lot more than I care to admit. But, I think once you find it, it's really hard to keep quiet. I'm proud of you for starting over and I'm so excited to see what comes of this rediscovered voice of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your words. I'm so happy that you've found a balance and are tipping the scales to write from you heart. These are the posts that I look forward to reading - the real one, the ones I can learn something about myself from because they are so raw and honest. I can't wait to see what is to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!! So looking forward to reading all that is to come, Casey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not selfish - just original, as blogs really should be. Wedding deets and pretty things are fun, but under all that people want something different. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went through the same thing with my blog. It was the most refreshing feeling to get rid of all of the links and buttons and pretty pictures and cut it down to its most basic form... my writing on a web page. It's possible that no one reads my blog anymore, but I write for myself more than anyone else and I couldn't be happier with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you Casey! I feel like that's what I'm going through with my blog right now and I'm pretty much on the verge of just deleting the whole thing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you! And no worries, we will be right here waiting excited to hear YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that that's a great idea - your "web-log" should be logging exactly what you want it to, when you want it to :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Props to you, my friend. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for you! Keep exploring and finding that blog voice and I can't wait to keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post!! I have been struggling with blogging so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen girl! That's sorta been my life on the blog lately. Can't wait to learn more about YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes Yes Yes I love this post!! Have one similar in the works!! I can not wait to see your redesign :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete