Accountability

6.13.2014

Alright friends, I have a task for you! As I am becoming more transparent with my faith, I am in need of an accountability partner or 10…

Studying the Bible has never been my strong suit, as I often don't understand what I read. For Christmas I was given a study Bible and I tell you my world was turned around. I felt like I could comprehend more of what I read. That still doesn't mean I'm loyal student I should be. Thats where you come in! Any tips on how you study the Bible?

Today's study is from John. A book that my friend Amber is currently studying through her Milking Stool Meetings. You should join us. Unsure? I can tell you to have no fear, and that discipline is fostered in groups.

What do you think about this way of studying? Choosing one verse out of a passage, really breaking it down, and soaking in the wealth of knowledge. Hope you enjoy.





post signature

6 comments:

  1. This post is SPOT ON girl! As I'm entering a new phase of life in general, my goal is to become more obedient in my bible study as well! I love Amber's creation of the milking stool meetings and am hoping to join in soon! Your notes and comments on John 4 are amazing! Love, love, love!

    Brianna
    xobriannaleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm notorious for scribbling all over the margins in my bible - it drives my mom crazy. But I highlight, jot notes, anything that crosses my mind as I'm reading the chapter goes into the margins. I've even written down song verses that instantly popped into my head as I was reading a verse. I love Amber's bible study series!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I need to be better about studying the bible. I need to break it down. We also need to go to a church here and find a church family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your notes are super fun to look at, mine are always a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I can't wait to start :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessssss girl this is so beautiful to see! :) First, accountability -you and me? yes? please?

    Second, the best part is seeing your notes and how they are the same and different than mine! You are one wise soul boo thing. So wise and so beautiful and so melting my heart to bits. I didn't even think about Him as food AND drink in John 4 but it's SO OBVIOUS and SO FULL OF TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete