Strawberry Fields

6.18.2014


A new adventure happened last weekend and I wanted to share it with you! The Northeast has brought us a lot of first time adventures and even after almost a year and a half we are still finding new experiences. This is why I love this place. 
Sure, maybe you can pick strawberries in Texas, but never in the city or close enough to where I grew up.

We ended up with almost 5 pounds of strawberries, which I immediately attempted to turn into jam.
 I am still a work in progress, but I'll let you know if I perfect it. 

Don't mind my hair that is subtly turning orange…YIKES!

Funny thing is, Joe hates strawberries. As in, we tried again and he just spit it out. Something about the seeds/texture. Funny, funny funny! 
Can't wait to go back this summer for raspberries, blueberries and blackberries! 





post signature


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm!! SO MANY DELICIOUS STRAWBERRIES! I used to go strawberry picking with my parents when I was younger...they always paid for an extra container because that's about how many I would eat while we were picking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things! 1 -- your hair color is adorable. and 2 -- he hates strawberries?!?! HOW?!? Send his portion to me, please ;)

    ReplyDelete