If I could turn back time

7.07.2014

Our apartment is a little more quiet this morning.
My parents were in town from Texas for seven amazing days and I wish I could rewind and start them all over again.
Family is just plain good for the soul and as I have said before "Home" is wherever family can be found.

I wish I had felt that way when I was a seventeen year old know it all.
When I was seventeen I had the world at my fingertips, I was invincible, independent and knew EVERYTHING.
Hah…if I could only go back in time and give myself a swift slap in the face.
I would tell myself that believe it or not your parents will become your best friends one day.
I would also tell myself that there will be a time when you worry about those pesky parents not being around anymore,
and the reality of cherishing time will become a harsh reality check.
I would tell myself that there will be a day when I want time to slow down.
I no longer want to rush growing up, but instead I need to ask the world to slow its roll spin a bit.

The quietness makes me angry at my younger self for taking time for granted.
Would I have acted differently if I had known I would one day be thousands of miles away from my family? Probably not, but I'd like to hope so.


1// Hours of fun spent as the Lucas Confectionary 
2// Late night taco bell after the Lucas Confectionary
3// Fourth of July in front of the Capitol
4// Daddy's little girl 
Can't wait until the next time we can get into more trouble!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you had SO much fun! My parents came to TX from AL this weekend, and it was very much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh love this and totally agree! Looks like you had a blast with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a wonderful weekend with them!! And I'm with you...I was such a brat when I was a teenager. I would always plan to be away from my family on the weekends...and now, spending weekends with them are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same, Casey! I was in such a hurry in my younger years. (I often wonder if most people feel this way as they get older though.) It sounds like you all had the best weekend - love that picture of you with your dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable-I am so glad you had a good weekend with your family. Its so hard being so far away from family but reunions are always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sugar, we miss you terribly, even though it has only been a few short days ago!!! The Dunkin Donut morning coffee and bagel trips have given both daddy and I cravings for more. We need more DD in Texas. We enjoyed our time with you and Joseph. Thatcher State Park, raspberry picking, homemade icecream, the Confectionary, evening talks on the patio, the beatiful sunsets....................I love you so much. Momma

    ReplyDelete