Take a Hike

7.31.2014


Things have been a little deep around these parts, which is an honest reflection of my brain and heart. 
However, I also want this space to be a diary of the wonderful things that are happening during our New York adventures. 

The days are already growing shorter and I just know summer is running away too quickly! I now understand why it is such a special and preserved time around these parts. There just isn't enough of it!


A few weeks ago I went with a few of my wonderful co-workers on a hiking adventure.
We hiked "Buck Mountain" which is quoted as an introduction to the Adirondacks (Aka: a breathtaking set of mountains in Upstate New York).
Buck Mountain is settled in Fort Ann, New York and has beautiful views of Lake George, a huge traveling spot for New Yorkers in the summer time.


Buck Mountain stats:
Elevation: 2330ft
Ascent: 2000 ft
Distance: 6.6 miles (round trip)
Difficulty: Easy/Moderate



As my first real hike, I really enjoyed Buck Mountain.  At times it was steep and left me winded at points, but the views during the hike were just as amazing as the summit.
We hiked with 4 nurses, seven year old twin boys, and 3 dogs. We were quite the crew but had a blast.
The dogs and the boys were our trail blazers and made me even more tired just watching them race up the mountain.



We can't wait for the next hike which promises a little more difficulty…maybe I should invest in some actual gear? Watch out friends, this city girl digs nature!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! I haven't ever done a real hike like that but you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such breathtaking views! So glad you're able to get some nature in, even way up north ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hit that one yet, but it's been on my list, since my fiance isn't much for hiking. If you ever need anyone to hike with I'm in the Albany area, and would gladly drive up to the dacks! PS. you should try cascade and porter They are considered high peaks but are pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the scenery! It looks stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete