Crane Mountain

9.22.2014

Last week my hiking adventures continued with a much more intense hike up Crane Mountain. Crane Mountain is another hike in the Adirondacks here in Upstate New York. After my last adventure with Buck Mountain, I went ahead and purchased a rocking new pair of hiking boots. I can't wait for the next hike with these gals to see the leaves turn.

Most amazing part of this hike? When we got to the summit we were literally amongst the clouds. Fog would roll in and wrap around us fast and freezing cold. At first we thought the fog was smoke by the way if moved in quickly, thankfully it wasn't!

Crane Mountain stats:
Elevation: 3254 ft
Ascent: 1154 ft
Distance: 2.7 miles (5.4 round trip) to summit including pond


Amazed by it all!



Fog







post signature


7 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful!!! Oh and now you totally look like a pro hiker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mountain range looks gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the pretty pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! Looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see your pictures once the leaves change colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I really have been wanting to go hiking!!! I don't know of any local trails that are THAT big though ;) awesome pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you shouted "I'm the king of the world!" when you reached the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a AMAZING hike! Nothing like a rewarding view once you get to the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome and beautiful adventure! LOVE these photos!

    ReplyDelete