Pssst!

1.05.2015

Can you keep a secret?
Seriously...not a peep.
Tonight we are surprising our family with a little Christmas gift of our own.
I truly do love giving gifts for the sheer pleasure of witnessing emotion that may overcome the recipient.

You see we have a yearly ornament exchange, and I took it as a challenge to exercise my DIY skills.
One of our ornaments is extra special this year...


If you look closely, you can see that this specific ornament has a special message written inside for the lucky recipient. What does this message read, you ask?
It goes a little something like this, and is intended to be read aloud. 

"Family we are so happy to be celebrating Christmas with you this year. As of January 2015, Joseph will be applying to new jobs within SABIC, with the location requirements being Texas. We hope that this is the last Christmas that we spend away from Texas."

I cannot wait to see what reactions our family gives us. This is something that is so bittersweet for our family of two, but we can't wait to see what 2015 brings us.
Thank you to all of you for the support you constantly give us. 

Did you have a gift this year that you just couldn't wait to see what the recipient thought?

post signature

12 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love givings gift so I always can't wait for reactions hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that is SO exciting!!!!! Yay! I'm sure they will be THRILLED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such exciting news!! Praying for good news and positive outcomes on this journey of y'all's. I bet your family will go NUTS upon reading your special note!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! As much fun as it is to live away from home and explore a new place, it really makes you appreciate the return that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DIY skills are pretty awesome! SO excited for you and yours :] Wish you the best the world has to offer, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! Best wishes on your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEST NEWS EVER!!! I'm still getting giddy and tearing up over the news!! I love you both so much and can't wait to have you back in our HOME state!! I anticipate your guest room getting plenty of use! Eek! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH YAY!!!! You know that Arkansas is just a short drive away from Texas, which means that we actually have to meet in real life!!! :)))

    Hugs to you both, and I pray you find the perfect fit quickly and at the same time so that the whole process becomes as painless as possible! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome! I have to ask; was this hard because I would love to do something like this next year? I can't wait to read about how excited your family is :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww yay! Sweet home of texas here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH.

    This is thrilling. and like OH MYGOSH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU I'M YELLING OUT OF JOY AND OH MY GOSH YES THIS IS THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete