It's funny

2.16.2015


It's funny how I tend to think I know whats best for me...
It's funny because each time I become a little over confident and a little too far removed from my path, I'm quickly reminded it is not up to me.
It's funny how when I try to control the things in my life, it doesn't generally work out.
It's funny that in order to learn these lessons, things must fall out of place.
It's funny that this is not my first rodeo with control issues.
It's funny that I realize it won't be my last.
It's funny wonderfully amazing that when I repent for my control issues, there is a peace that overcomes.


Lately I've been what you would call a negative Nancy, anything and all things were out to crush me
and I wouldn't mind complaining over and over like an awful broken record.
Even though I knew I acted like a desolate pit of despair, I couldn't shake it.
Any simple thing that could possibly bring me stress did, and I was eager to throw it out, wipe my slate clean and move on to bigger and better things.
As reality and bills (yes mostly bills) set in, I realized just walking away from these stressors wasn't feasible without bringing more stress.
This really hit me hard because I felt trapped.
Thankfully I turned to a new devotion about being thankful through all circumstances.

In all circumstances I have something glorious to be thankful for and a teammate on my side that will never ever disappoint.
I share this with you not for a pity party, but to possibly help someone else who feels stuck.

This verse from Romans has been on repeat in my brain for the past week and it is one that gives me strength and lightens the anxiety, allowing me to take a deep breath.

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us." -Romans 8:18

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet girl. Praying for you! I'm so proud of where you are and that you have been able to lean on your faith in Him, even through all the stress that comes your way. It's definitely difficult, but it's such a blessing to be reminded that there is far greater riches that will far outweigh our earthly troubles. Thanks for the reminder :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen: In all circumstances I have something glorious to be thankful for and a teammate on my side that will never ever disappoint.

    Girl, I've been struggling with giving up all control as well. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Just discovering your blog and it's lovely, and this post is very poignant and appropriate for me at the minute! Praying for you, and thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete