Come boldly

10.29.2015


Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace in time of need 
Hebrews 14:16

One of the easiest ways for me to feel connected to my faith and really engage is through fellowship, specifically in the form of music. I don't think there is often a time where I don't have a song stuck in my head. Really it can be any song, but theres always one. Today I woke up and had one of worship song from church stuck in my head. After the fifth or so time of singing it out loud (if you know me you know I do this at all time) the words hit me. 

|| Come boldly to the throne of grace, 
ye wretched sinners come 
and lay your load at Jesus' feet
and plead what he has done ||

I stopped and thought, heck wretched sinner...that has me written all over it. I'm a broken person who is impatient, prideful, controlling and filled with sin of this world. 
I rely too heavily on the thoughts of others,  as if they define me.
I have somehow placed unattainable expectations on myself, as if only perfection is acceptable. I struggle with contentment, so much that it brings me anxiety. 
Sometimes I look at my prayer journal and am ashamed for how many things I ask for instead of being thankful for everything that I already have. 

|| He makes the dead to hear his voice;
He makes the blind to see;
The sinner lost he came to save,
And set the prisoner free ||
The Lord will take you in ||

So whats a girl supposed to do? Well taking lead from the beautiful Jason Waller cover, I am choosing to come boldly, without hesitation, broken and humbly, to His unrelenting mercies and grace. 
Even though I make it all about me, Jesus sits back and with open arms, says "come to me in your time of need". If there is one attribute from this song I would like to embody, it would be to attempt to give such grace to those people in my life.  

|| Poor bankrupt souls,who feel and know
The hell of sin within,Come boldly to the throne of grace;
The Lord will take you in ||


I also thought it was so appropriate that this week the #morethanaframe prompt is "bold". Wont you show others how bold you are? I'm rooting for you!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. This. This is so beautiful and I'm now obsessed with this song! Thank you oh so much for sharing your soul and for your reminder that he accepts us as we are if only we come boldly. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete