Floral + Friday | Ranunculus

10.16.2015


I haven't divulged much about my most recent obsession hobby dream lately, but I've decided to devote an entire day of the week to it. I have always loved florals and the creativity of design. In college I would spend my Saturday's working in a flower studio, dreaming all the floral filled dreams.

Over the years I have always loved to design small arrangements for simple occasions, until I was asked to do a HUGE occasion. In May, one of my friends asked me to design the florals for her wedding. All the way from bridal bouquet, corsages, boutonnieres to arbor decor. At first I was overwhelmed but so flattered. As the months went by, I was busy researching the proper stem count, taking arrangement design courses, and deciding which stems were the biggest bang for the bride's buck.

Even though the task was a challenge, it was one of the most rewarding and one that didn't bring worry and anxiety. This monumental task made me happy, and I felt accomplished at the end. I was actually able to say "I love doing this". And thus a dream took off, and she's called Simply Chemistry.

Even though we are still very much in the small stages, the brainstorming and compiling of tax documents, Simply Chemistry is becoming tangible. It's something that I can't wait to share with you!

Each Friday I will showcase a design which you may have seen via Simply Chemistry. As well as flooding this space with blooms, I hope to educate you on the stems included in the design piece.

The above picture is a chemistry themed shoot starring the stunning white ranunculus.
Ranunculus have beautiful crepe-paper like petals, which can often mimic a smaller version peony, on a much smaller budget. Because ranunculus are cool season bloomers, they make the perfect addition to an early summer wedding. My favorite is the delicate "elegance white variety" which can be seen above.
I hope you enjoy, and will continue to join me each Friday!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing your arrangements on IG —you do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, those are gorgeous! i have a special place in my heart for ranunculus, they were our main flower in our june 1 wedding three years ago. can't wait to follow along and see how things continue to blossom for you and this business. (see what i did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for these series and to edit the photos I took of you and your pretty florals...I think you'll enjoy them!! xo

    ReplyDelete