Apologies friends, but my fa la la la la has up and left...
Lately I have been scrolling through old pictures a lot, as they have always been one of my favorite ways to hold onto memories. So many things change throughout the years. Clothes, hair styles, places to visit, wrinkles, lines, and age. Age is so intricately captured in pictures, and tells so many stories.
I recently came across pictures from December of last year. I think back to everything that I had planned for this coming year (2015), and just have to laugh right now. If you would have told me what December 2015 would be like...I would have spewed water in your face laughing, and beg you to tell me I was kidding. I do hate the dramatics, and I do really try to remain positive in this space, but my has this month given me a run for my money. And psssst news flash...we are in week two. WOOF.
I am however going to put on my big girl panties, and give you all the reasons I'm thankful for this December, and I'm going to LIKE it.
I am so thankful that
1. This December I have been and will continue to spend it with my family. We are all back living under the same roof, and I'll tell you, it's been a lot of fun.
2. I get to have a warm(er) December this year...although it was 65 degrees in Albany today...This time last year we had a whole foot of snow.
3. Joe and I have been good about saving for a "rainy day". That rainy day hit last week and it was a doozy...hopefully I'll share more about that in the coming week.
4. My family is surrounded by people who love us. The outpouring of support while my dad has been in the hospital has really humbled us.
5. Joe and I have really developed our faith together in the past three years. Without our faith, I'm not sure how we would have made it.
My favorite verses right now, and plastered on dad's scripture wall in his hospital room is:
-I will not cause pain without something new to be born -Isaiah 66:9
-The Lord God is my strength and my bravery; He will walk me through places of trouble and suffering. -Habakkuk 3:19
6. Coffee. I'll repeat that. Coffee. Oh and diet coke, I'm SO thankful for it in the route 44 style.
7. My nursing knowledge. I can't tell you how many times I have just said a huge thanks for the medical knowledge of what dad is going through. I'll tell you, it would be one terrifying ride without it.
8. YOU, yes I'm thankful for you and the grace you give me when I'm negative, and the want you give me to come back to this space.
I'm not holding my breath, but December 2016 MUST be better than 2015.